Anyone have experience with gmt800 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The stretch fit belt for the A/C is cake. Just don't do what I did and waste money on the Gates install tool because I couldn't make it fit my crank pulley. A couple zip ties got the job done instead. I converted both our SS's years ago, no issues, and we run the A/C all the time being SE Texas ya know.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looked up the belt number using a GMT900 6.0, I wanna say 2009 or 2010 3500. This # fit our 2006 6.0 (LQ9) engines, not sure how universal that will be across the board though. One less tensioner and pulley to go bad = win

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
I wish I had an lq9, but lq4 is acceptable:) mine is a 05

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tried to post an Amazon link but no go.

Yep I've had the same trouble with amazon links here and I thought I'd tried in the past the trick to make them show up but it still didn't work.

FYI guys, if you post Amazon links without the "https://" at the beginning they'll show up as regular text links. If you don't delete the "https://" then they get converted to an image link which most ad-blockers will catch and hide.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know about a tune maybe looking on wikipedia for both lq4 and lq9 shows that depending on year/application lq4 is rated between 300 and 325 horse power and a torque rating between 355 and 380 lq9 is rated 345 horse power and 380 torque I do not know much about ls based engines they are not really my thing I am gen 1 small block as well as mark iv gen v and gen vi big block

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the higher compression pistons you may end up with high octane gas. On my 2012 L-96 6.0 with a cam I run premium as if I run low octane fuel the computer retards the timing making it much slower.

I wouldn’t bother piston swapping a good running engine but I do use Blackbear tunes even on stock engines. I’ve had them tune 5 of my 99-2012 trucks over the years with great results. I typically only do long tube headers, and dual 3” exhaust and leave the engines stock. Several times I’ve done a cam swap and they tuned them all very well.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score