Anyone have experience with gmt800 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Meh, I wouldn't bother with either for a half point compression unless you were already in there for something else. They're both criminally neutered by the tune, I've done both.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
With the higher compression pistons you may end up with high octane gas. On my 2012 L-96 6.0 with a cam I run premium as if I run low octane fuel the computer retards the timing making it much slower.

I wouldn’t bother piston swapping a good running engine but I do use Blackbear tunes even on stock engines. I’ve had them tune 5 of my 99-2012 trucks over the years with great results. I typically only do long tube headers, and dual 3” exhaust and leave the engines stock. Several times I’ve done a cam swap and they tuned them all very well.
Here we have two basically identical trucks - 2006 Silverado SS's, LQ9's. Mine's black (and the Intimidator model, which is just cosmetic differences), hers is silver. Mine shifts hard all the time and will noticeably ping a little when you mash on it, even though I run 93 always. Hers shifts normally and doesn't ping at all.

Something tells me a less-than-pro "tuner" has been at work on mine. Been meaning to investigate further but since the truck is my daily...

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here we have two basically identical trucks - 2006 Silverado SS's, LQ9's. Mine's black (and the Intimidator model, which is just cosmetic differences), hers is silver. Mine shifts hard all the time and will noticeably ping a little when you mash on it, even though I run 93 always. Hers shifts normally and doesn't ping at all.

Something tells me a less-than-pro "tuner" has been at work on mine. Been meaning to investigate further but since the truck is my daily...

Richard

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This picture sounds like a Ford. :anitoof:

When I swapped the blown up engine out of my '92 ECLB many years ago with one from a burnt low-mile RV, it had a crazy idle lope that sounded like a big cam. It would stall every now and then just at tip-in. Yeah, it was either a defective or incorrect EGR valve. Easy fix but had me scratching my head for a minute.

When the alternator bearing was going bad on my '69 Chevelle, this cropped up just as the weather got cold, and it sounded like a UFO was under my hood until the car warmed up.

Richard

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Richard
Her driivng havbits cannot be compared to yours, reset the TAPS on both vehicles at the same time and try again. a scan tool can do it(HIGHer end or mid end not the cheapo ones. OR you remove battery cable or 30 min and reinstall afterwards)

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

finally got driver side done
I am assuming you lubed all grease zerks while exposed. I am also assuming you cleaned each grease zerk first, before lubing.