Anybody try one of these ECMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody try one of these Accel ECMs? I was cruisin thru my local pep boyz in da hood looking for an automatic trans drain plug kit, wandered thru the speed shop section found this. I mean i just put a new Delphi ECM in my truck just for assurances even though the old one worked, but was curious. I have an Accel E coil in my truck as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody try one of these Accel ECMs?
That's not an ECM. That's an ignition module. Potentially called an ignition control module--ICM.

Wild Guess: You'll never know the difference between that one and the one that came with the vehicle, as long as one of them isn't defective.

I figure there's about a 33% chance they're made in the same factory, using the same tooling as the OEM GM module.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
It's not a gimmick. It's an ignition module, not to be confused with an ECM.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, i was informed of that prior. I am just saying if its the same as a stocker and they are asking $60 for it, then its a gimmick. I will stick with the delphi one i just installed, keeping my old GM one as a backup spare.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. Was asking about one of these for my 94 w 350. I guess the consensus is these are restickered stockers. I will just stick w the delphi one i just bought from rock auto.