Any ideas why my truck handles like crap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I recently installed a 6" rcx lift on my 95 and it drove exactly like it did when it was just body lifted if not better. But after having it on for about 2 weeks now its almost scary to drive. There suddenly is a ton of steering slop and terrible handling. Any ideas on what might have come loose or broken??

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Check your pitman arm and idler arm, did you replace anything when you put the lift on?

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pitman, idler, upper and lower bjs were replaced about 3 months before lift was installed

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe where they connect to the steering link could have come loose? not sure what would have such a big impact on steering and handling

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would inspect the whole front end/suspension. Usually after you install a lift you should go over it and double check everything anyways. Good opportunity to do that plus figure out whats causing your issue.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think Ill do that ^^ would be good peace of mind anyway. Probably put a good 800 miles on it since install. Who knows what might have happened