answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
first of all i love your profile picture ive had it saved on my phone for years, and as far as your truck goes, judging off the fact that it sits for so long then it could be just a passage blockage but there isnt anyway to tell for sure just by reading that post, for an example, it could be as simple as just the shift solenoids not communicating with eachother for some reason, but the good news is that it defidently doesnt sound like a hard part problem which means that most likely youll be able to fix it from the pan, worst case is taking off the valve body, but check what the computer is saying first and we can go from there

I hadnt noticed on my original post that i had lost the speedo changed the vss still nothing so I guess aIm gonna Be going through the harness

Nca2013

Reaction score
I just installed the transgo 4L60E kit to fix my P1870 code, as well as the corvette shift servo. after i did this, the truck wont shift out of first gear without letting my foot off the gas and reverse is very delayed. after 4 days of driving like this the shift servo on the side of the transmission blew itself out, and i know the lock ring was seated correctly. Everything else seems to work fine execpt for downshifting, shifts are very firm and no P1870 code since. If i put the stock 2nd servo in will this fix my problem?

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt it... That really shouldn't effect the reverse delay. It could have something to do with the not shifting. If I had to guess, you have something wrong in that shift kit. I would take the valvebody back down and double check everything.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
If someone has a trans problem and it keeps going and going and going then generally its not a clutch or band problem. Those tend to be like cancer. They just get worse until they completely go out. But blue96. It really sounds like you have a FX problem

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well hell, i just realized that your from central blue96, im in baton rouge, i was in central last night, we can defidently meet up some time and i can take a look at it for you

edonwheels

Reaction score
My 94 blazer shifts fine at low rpm and flat ground but under any strain it will slip and make a growling noise. I was thinking its the torque converter.

Last edited:

adambru

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to replace a tps? Rough shift from 1st to second especially when cold. Been doing it since I bought the beast.