answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update, 3rd gear was toast. Tranny needed a rebuild & apparently had been removed before & had some half assed work done to it. Could have been a cause of the failure as well. got it completely rebuilt with a 3yr warranty for $1700 including the removal/install price. Should be like new now. Goin to pick it up tonight.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went for a drive around the block yesterday and when i put my foot on the brake i noticed it was trying to stall the motor

Now the damn thing (even in park or neutral) wont start because its locked to the flywheel..

tcc solenoid?

help

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Hi Silverado13, thanks for continuing to help people here - Rep!

I bought my 96 Silverado 1500 4wd 350, automatic with 206K miles, after owning it a few months the transmission has an issue. From Park to Reverse to Drive, there is a delay of 2-3 seconds. I haven't checked anything other than using a code reader which detects - PO602 #6 Cyl Misfire, PO700 (pd) Trans Control Sys, P1192 (pd) Undefined Code. The 700 and 1192 do not show up under the check engine dash light, they are there on the code reader

Any thoughts?

Thanks

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Update, 3rd gear was toast. Tranny needed a rebuild & apparently had been removed before & had some half assed work done to it. Could have been a cause of the failure as well. got it completely rebuilt with a 3yr warranty for $1700 including the removal/install price. Should be like new now. Goin to pick it up tonight.

im not sure if they did any upgrades but if i were you id still do vette servo and a harder 1-2 accumulator spring, its like $30 worth of parts after shipping and will strengthen your tranny alot

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I went for a drive around the block yesterday and when i put my foot on the brake i noticed it was trying to stall the motor

Now the damn thing (even in park or neutral) wont start because its locked to the flywheel..

tcc solenoid?

help
yes sounds like exactly the tcc lock up solenoid, i had a 2000 dodge neon with a faulty tcc solenoid and it would get stuck on and would disengage from locking up and would stall the engine, replaced it and never had a problem again

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Hi Silverado13, thanks for continuing to help people here - Rep!

I bought my 96 Silverado 1500 4wd 350, automatic with 206K miles, after owning it a few months the transmission has an issue. From Park to Reverse to Drive, there is a delay of 2-3 seconds. I haven't checked anything other than using a code reader which detects - PO602 #6 Cyl Misfire, PO700 (pd) Trans Control Sys, P1192 (pd) Undefined Code. The 700 and 1192 do not show up under the check engine dash light, they are there on the code reader

Any thoughts?

Thanks

id suspect delayed or low line pressure, you can either buy a trans pressure gauge and look up the specifications for park, reverse, drive, WOT, or you can bring it to a shop and have them test it, but a shops just going to tell you its shot so they can build it for you, i was thinking about getting a digital trans pressure gauge to install inmy 3 gauge pillar but never got around to it

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
id suspect delayed or low line pressure, you can either buy a trans pressure gauge and look up the specifications for park, reverse, drive, WOT, or you can bring it to a shop and have them test it, but a shops just going to tell you its shot so they can build it for you, i was thinking about getting a digital trans pressure gauge to install inmy 3 gauge pillar but never got around to it

Okay so if it is "Low Line Pressure" what would be the next step?

thanks btw