answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
id test it first and if it is lower then its supposed to be and your gonna replace the pump, contact monster transmission in florida, thats where i buy all my parts from, really good parts for great prices

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
id test it first and if it is lower then its supposed to be and your gonna replace the pump, contact monster transmission in florida, thats where i buy all my parts from, really good parts for great prices

Okay thanks, but unfortunately I'll have to have a shop do the work - I work 6 days a week and have no time to tackle pulling my trans. And I have never pulled a trans

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not sure if they did any upgrades but if i were you id still do vette servo and a harder 1-2 accumulator spring, its like $30 worth of parts after shipping and will strengthen your tranny alot

I'm gonna leave it alone for a while. It's got a fresh 3yr warranty & I dont want the guy tryin to get outta it if something goes wrong & it's not exactly as it was when he did the work. If it last 3yrs without a issue I'll address the servo & maybe a shift kit too.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I'm gonna leave it alone for a while. It's got a fresh 3yr warranty & I dont want the guy tryin to get outta it if something goes wrong & it's not exactly as it was when he did the work. If it last 3yrs without a issue I'll address the servo & maybe a shift kit too.

word!

chevy454

Reaction score
hey quick question. does anyone have a picture available of a properly adjusted T.V.(kickdown) cable on a 88ish 3/4 ton 350 4x4 chevy? Im wondering if the previous owner or myself screwed up the cable when the trans was replaced. I replaced the trans when I got the truck and the previous owner had the engine and trans removed after he blew up the 350. The previous owner had some friends do the work. I'h sure that if they had somehow damaged the cable they would have simply replaced it with a T.V. cable that happened to be lying around. At *** the cable still has 1/2 to 3/4 inch of play in it. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. The trans won't shift out of first by itself until its been driven 5-10 miles at 2000 rpm, then shifts into and out of 2nd fine. Had 3rd at one point earlier this winter. Which happens to be the exact same problem the last trans had. When we bought the replacement everything but 1st was stuck. The fluid looks clean and red and doesn't smell burned or scorched at all. Please help.