Another Retrospective: The History of 1badgmc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Ha ha your the reason I Just bought a 93 step side! well you, and 90Chevystepside :D

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today is my wedding anniversary and my wonderful wife had a local artist do a 'toon drawing of the truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, the truck got out and about a little last weekend. I was a groomsman in a friend's wedding on Saturday. The groom, best man and myself were really brought together by our GMT-400s. The groom doesn't have his anymore, but the best man and I still have ours, so we both figured it'd be a good time to get them out since we never do anymore. Both our trucks have expired tags and inspections, but the venue was less than 3 miles from our houses (he lives in my neighborhood) so we went ahead and took them.

Friday I pulled the truck out, dusted it off and drove in to put a few bucks in the tank. About a 6 mile round trip. We're racking up the big miles now. Saturday, I drove it in to the venue and helped set up for the reception. The wife and I were starving (she was a bridesmaid), so I drove to the Sonic next door to get some food. The best man showed up in his truck while I was there so we had all the kids working there freaking out. An old lady parked next to the best man's truck asked him "why do you do that to your truck?" LOL I always love those. While we were sitting there, another of our friends pulls up and says his phone has been going crazy with calls and texts from people who had seen our trucks out and wondered what was going on. He said he heard from a guy the day before when I went to get gas. One guy told him, "I've just seen one truck that I've only seen once in my life and another truck that I've seen twice in my life. What's the deal?" It's funny. We can't go 3 miles from home without the whole town knowing it.

A good friend of mine who is a local cop comes up to me before the wedding: "I like the tags on those trucks out there!" (referring to our expired tags and inspections) Of course he would notice that first. LOL

After the wedding the wife and I took a short drive through town and down the local strip to air it out a bit. It felt good to get it out and drive it a little. 2 days in a row it got to come out. That's been a while.

With all the wedding stuff going on, I didn't have time for a proper photo shoot, but I grabbed a few quick shots of the trucks together in the parking lot. It's the first time these 2 trucks have been together in over 9 years!

The groom used to own this truck years ago:

The day before the wedding he picked this one up:

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always try and make it a point to take a few pics each time it comes out. Nobody would believe me otherwise. :lol:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also had this made a few months ago. Yeah, I know the truck is not even remotely German, but my family heritage is German and I have family in Germany, so I like it. One of these days I'll probably put it on the truck for a photo shoot and then just hang the plate on the wall.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Any updates to this sexy beast? I had to finally read your build. You have put a lot of effort in this and it's one of my favorites on here! I love the color and the Eski swap is rite at home. Props to you for rebuilding it and not junking after the accidents! :cheers: