Another one! K2500 Suburban build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. It's amazing how the carpet changes the tone of the interior.

I enjoy seeing your build progress!

:)

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very cool. It's amazing how the carpet changes the tone of the interior.

I enjoy seeing your build progress!

:)

For sure, and also how the seats are in such great condition. Absolutely no wear on any of them. Its almost like a brand new truck inside.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great progress so far! Love seeing k2500 burb build. My family ride is a 2000 nbs 2500 burb with 6.0 leveling kit and 33’s.

Paint job looks great! Looking forward to seeing how the bed coating holds up. I might consider this on my cclb build.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Power washed as much as the frame as I could. Contemplating doing a SAS and making into a trail rig for out in the desert. High mileage on the motor doesnt matter as it would not be highway driven.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put the wheels back on and moved it. I cant figure out for the life of me....what is this thing welded on? Part of the lift?

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the wheels back on and moved it. I cant figure out for the life of me....what is this thing welded on? Part of the lift?
Pretty sure that’s a factory brace/support for the frame. I’ve seen it on a lot of trucks.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put in another set of seats and parked the truck untill i can get it transported out to Tucson once i am settled

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updates...I found out that the body is starting to rust out underneath. Damn. I've been parting out the truck for the last week. Someone came and took the motor/trans. and I have been swapping some parts that I need over onto my 1500.

These northeast trucks are terrible if one does not care for them properly. The next project or truck I buy will be out west, where there is no rust. I'm glad I did not drop $ into the trans and motor at this point because the under body turned out to be so bad.

Last edited:

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, that blows! I hope you can at least get back out of it the money you have into it. Definitely can't beat these desert rigs for the lack of rust!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, that blows! I hope you can at least get back out of it the money you have into it. Definitely can't beat these desert rigs for the lack of rust!
You're tellin me! Got the truck hauled away i had taken what was salvagable off of it. I still have some parts availible for sale.