Another early 400 saved!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I haven't posted in a while. But I wanted to show pics of my latest acquisition to my 400 fleet, An '89 Shortbox! Long story short I was helping a buddy up in his family's old junk yard when I spotted this nice complete '89 shortbox sitting over next to an old international 1 ton. I immediately walked over to check out this gem. Sitting under 13 years of pine needles and moss she has a little cancer around the usual spots, But luckily after eventually shimmying under the truck the frame and cab mounts are all solid, the rear gas tank crossmember is a little tender but savable. The truck sits low on the right rear due to the leaf sping being taken off it. The truck is fully optioned for the year, she also has keyless entry, deluxe sound system, and power rear slider! The reason this poor old girl was left here is it was originally bought for its mild 350 under the hood for another truck, but the truck was sold and this was driven to its current spot and left. I cannot wait to bring it back to life, I really love the early 400's for the dual lights and rally gauges. So here she is in patina n' all. Hope to guys like it, Let me know what ya think.
You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the progress on this! Will be watching for more :cool:

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the progress on this! Will be watching for more :cool:

Thanks! Yeah I'm excited to get it going again. Extracting it will be a little tricky, but after jacking it and getting a spring and four tires on it, should go easy.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the original 350 under the hood I forgot to post. Sorry for the bad quality, I will get better pics when the truck is home. So supposedly this engine was rebuilt back in 99 or 2000, with a few extra goodies on it, from what I saw it had 65cc Edelbrock alum heads and intake I was also told it was built with hi comp dome pistons and forged rods, and finished off with a set of headers.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Damn!!! Its actually sinking into the ground. Looking forward to seeing you bring it back. No leaks around the windshield cowl at all?