Another early 400 saved!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it does... I had a shock when I looked into buying a new 1998 Grand Prix GTP

Something to be said for simplicity in trucks, albeit I recently found out you can buy a new Silverado W/T with almost no options AND minus the Onstar/Satellite Radio system... I wouldnt buy one myself, but it drops the price below the $30K threshold for a new full-size 4x4, if you shop around for dealers stuck with them. Good buy for anyone with a business... if you can justify 30K for a new work truck, anyway.

We brought our suburban to have a service done on it about 4-5 months ago and i looked at some trucks just to kill time. And i found two matching RCLB w/t's, plain radio, 2wd, 17" steelies, black grill, vinyl floor, and bench seat, and 262 v6. The window tags were 28k. Like you said, not bad for a new truck. But youd have to justify having zero options. And most buyers dont.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We brought our suburban to have a service done on it about 4-5 months ago and i looked at some trucks just to kill time. And i found two matching RCLB w/t's, plain radio, 2wd, 17" steelies, black grill, vinyl floor, and bench seat, and 262 v6. The window tags were 28k. Like you said, not bad for a new truck. But youd have to justify having zero options. And most buyers dont.
I would imagine that the resale value on a stripped down truck probably really sucks too...