annoying squeak!!!! suggestions??? driver's front side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
For me it's when I'm turning left at an intersection and the left wheel articulates.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine makes a sound when i turn left also but the almost constant rih rih squeak is driving me nuts....did the sway bar or tie rods have any grease zerks...i'm gonna spray it all down with wd-40 tonight or maybe some ATF if i get a chance...

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all your help barebones i am still gonna try and find it myself...get my wife or kid to jump on it while i'm underneath....

bump...it does sound like the exact problem i got....why don't they just replace the bushings if they are gonna take all that crap off (this wasnt my FIL shop)...they are cheap...but i guess its another way to make money

actually i done all the work myself. ill prolly just have to kick myself in the a$$ now for not changin them. i can promise tho if mine are bad, i will prolly be pricin around for a shop to do it. my lift springs were a PIA to get on, well they might be easier now that i can keep em compressed easier.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish i had the time to do it myself...but i would get to a part i couldnt do and be stuck...o well...tahnk goodness for FILs with shops...that will do it at cost...

are there grease zerks on the control arm bushings, i had a guy from my church get down and listen while i pressed on the front end and he said it sounded like it was the control arm bushing....i sprayed WD-40 all over it and it didnt help....is there anything else i can try?

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
Try putting some oil on them. It might help lubricate them. WD-40 isn't a lubricant(them WD stands for Water Displacement or Displacer).

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang son what you doin up at 2:21 a.m.???

anyways i found out what it was...took it into my FIL's shop and it turned out to be the ball joints i just had put on needed a little grease...he just called and said no more squeak...along with a fresh oil change and lube!

Thank God for no high repair bills!!!

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
good to know. i will be addin some grease to mine this evening

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
great news man. didn't even think of ball joints cause they were new, makes sense though.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope that solves mine too. i added grease to all of the ball joints and tie-rod ends when i finished my truck, but i may not of add enuf