annoying squeak!!!! suggestions??? driver's front side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i think my brother got his done for like 150 on his 96 cavalier. he got the bushings himself though. call a couple of shops and see what they would charge. i hate having shops work on my cars but sometimes it is worth it

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well my FIL has a shop, and he does parts at cost but of course has to do labor and i dont want anything for free from him unless he wants me to help him do something around the house

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
Subbing because I have the same prob.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
you could take it to a shop and have them hunt it down, but they will probably tell you that you need a bunch of crap that you don't. one time i took my old exploder in for an alignment and they would not do it. they said it needed all 4 ball joints and then i told them they were not even 1 week old. spent 35 a piece on moog ball joints. he swore that with his 20+ years experience they were all bad, i quipped back with "suck it and fetch my truck". best part was when he pulled it out of the garage it stalled on him, he tried telling me that it needed to be looked at then i jumped in it, fired it up then broke'em loose. or you could hunt for the squeak and see what you find

sorry for the long post, just popped into my head and i had to share

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the same problem at the same wheel. i just replaced ball joints, tie-rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, springs and shocks about 3 months ago. and as far as i know it just started doing it recently

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all your help barebones i am still gonna try and find it myself...get my wife or kid to jump on it while i'm underneath....

bump...it does sound like the exact problem i got....why don't they just replace the bushings if they are gonna take all that crap off (this wasnt my FIL shop)...they are cheap...but i guess its another way to make money

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can do the bushings on your own however it can be a pita. You have a lot of suspension parts to take off and it can turn into a head ache fast if yo do not know what you are doing. I would suggest first making sure that is the issue, if it is buy the bushing and pay a shop to do the install. It should not cost to much for them to do it. Yet if something falls apart later it is on the shop and not you.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Experiencing the same thing except on the passenger side. I jacked the truck up last weekend and there's about 3/4" of up and down play in the wheel and I can make the upper control arm smack the inner fender wall. Definitely a bushing issue. Instead of taking the truck to a shop (since I only have one vehicle) I'm going to a yard, buy all 4 control arms, clean them up and paint them with POR-15. Then I'm going to get some poly bushings and have a machine shop press them in. After that, should just be a solid afternoon install then off to the alignment shop.