annoying squeak!!!! suggestions??? driver's front side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright so my truck has some clangs everyonce in a while on serious bumps..pretty normal but just two days ago i was driving out in the pasture filling my deer feeders...nothing off road at all just some dirt roads and grass...well i start to hear a squeeaaak or a "rih rih rih rih when i go over even teh smallest bump (kinda like an old house in the end or when you walk on a pier and beam floor). it also squeaks when i turn to the left i move the wheel back ot the left quickly and it will squeak every time but not the right....its really annoying because its pretty constant....

i just replaced the shocks...ball joints..pitman arms and idler arm....what the heck could this be?
i can stand on my nerf bar on the driver said at the front and jump up and down and it does it....any ideas?

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
might be a body mount. a quick and temp fix is to spray them with WD-40 or something. if it still happens then it might be coil springs or front end bushings. those are what i would check first

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll check that out...what does this look like? is it where the body mounts into the frame? where is it located?

thanks!

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
as far as body mounts go look at the frame and outsides where you see a large bolt and large rubber pads, that is a body mount. i think there are a total of six, you will find one set in front of tires, another by were the fender and cab meet and another set bu the back of the cab. three one each side. wheel bearings could be it too. i honestly think it is less likely though. i have not done wheel bearings on a chevy 4x4 but i looked it up on autozone and it looks like it is a hub assembly. if that is the case then you will need a axel nut socket and a impact wrench, you might be able to break it loose with a breaker bar and a pipe. if you have or can get those then it is almost like doing new rotors and then taking off 5 more bolts for the wheel bearing. as far as price, autozone has them for 135-200. someone else might have them cheaper.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
is control arm bushing easy to replace....any one with pics to show where its at

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i would recommend having a shop do the control arm bushings. it can be done by yourself but basically everything that hold the tire on, has to come off.