...And the most disgusting seat award goes to.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Try working on customer's cars that are filthy! I nearly got fired for refusing to work on a few. Until I had the service writer sit in one.

I had to do a shifter cable in this one guys 98 Silverado plow truck. I actually asked for a Hazmat suit! I sear the guy just pissed his pants in there when he was plowing! It wreaked of beer, cigarettes and urine. The floor boards were always wet no matter what time of year. And it sure was never power washed!

I had a caravan come in for a heater core a few years ago, it was so bad with dog hair, that it looked like it had shag carpet! The hair was every where, in the vents. plugged the evaporator core under the seats.......

I just can't figure it out as to why people are that disgusting. My Montes and Olds are cleaner than show room condition inside and out, the truck however gets abused, but I never have anything other than mud and sadly salt inside it. It stays clean all summer, but gets dirty over the winter. Even then I still wipe down the dash once in a while and come Spring, detailed like crazy!
I know exactly what you're talking about, I work at a dealership, and most of the time it's new cars that people care for, but then some others are just horrible. I actually just had to change a shifter cable on a 2009 Kia Forte that was pretty much an ashtray and garbage can combined, and of course the console has to come up and I have to lay on the floor just to get to it, I loaded the thing up with some air freshener spray just to try and help mask it

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
:puke:I had a truck come in with an air leak a the transmission, I roll under the truck and see a clear 1/2" tube running down the side of the transmission. I was like WTF, so I roll out and climb into the truck and between the seats, there was a hospital style plastic urinal attached to that tube. I flipped out and told that nasty MFer to take his nasty ass to another shop.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I agree that is bad, but I worked on diesels for 10 years, I don't mean F350s, I mean over the road trucks...you can only imagine how many bottles of piss ive seen

Oh I don't want to know! That has to send chills down your spine

I know exactly what you're talking about, I work at a dealership, and most of the time it's new cars that people care for, but then some others are just horrible. I actually just had to change a shifter cable on a 2009 Kia Forte that was pretty much an ashtray and garbage can combined, and of course the console has to come up and I have to lay on the floor just to get to it, I loaded the thing up with some air freshener spray just to try and help mask it

I've set off bug bombs in cars before, I swear there are things living in some cars. Looks like were in the same boat.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dismantle cars for a living & I know your pain. I have a few comforters in my bay that I use so I can get in the vehicles. they are even marked top & bottom & folded so I never lay on the wrong side.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
You hate to see stuff like that. I keep my vehicles very clean on the inside. Only thing that happens is I get a little mud on the mud mats in winter and they need to be hosed off in spring, and of course bits of dirt, gravel and grass track in off your shoes and collect around the edges of the carpet, and I vacuum it out periodically to keep that to a minimum.

My Chevy had two stains in it, but they were both -my fault-. You see, the original owner of the truck was my father. "Kid me" had a soda fly out of my hands when Dad had to hit the brakes suddenly twenty or so years ago and it stained the passenger side door panel, and a bite size snickers bar somehow got under the seat and melted into the carpet in the summer heat back in 1994 or so. (That one may have been my sister's fault, but I'll take the blame for it too.) My door panels started to fall apart, so I replaced them both last summer with aftermarket replacements made of newer/better materials, so that finally got rid of that stain I'd tried so many times to clean over the years, and that chocolate under the seat I mostly scrubbed out with resolve carpet cleaner long ago when the truck still belonged to dad.

My bench seat, miraculously, still looks almost brand new. I cleaned it recently for good measure, and purchased a seat cover that matches the interior to continue to protect it and keep it nice. I cannot understand people that let their vehicles get nasty like some of the descriptions/picture/stories you all shared. You hate to get in and ride with someone whose vehicle is that nasty. I know people who have vehicles that are only a couple years old, and they are straight filthy inside. My Chevy is 25 years old, and it has a discolored spot where a snickers bar was in the carpet under the seat un noticed for a few years, and that's it. People seem to be somehow shocked to ride in my "old" truck and see it look detailed and clean inside. It isn't hard, I think many people are just hard headed.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Here's a nasty one, my parts truck which I pulled the interior out of this weekend. Talk about disgusting. I had to wear gloves.

You must be registered for see images attach

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I got a call from a daughter who was in college at the time that her car wouldn't start. I'm about an hour away, so I drove up. I was prepping for a colonoscopy that day, it was pouring down rain, and I was trying to do something in an apartment parking lot. I bit the bullet and called a wrecker to tow it to a shop (yes, it made me feel like a *****). Before I called the hook, I had to clean out the garbage because I would have been embarrassed to have that vehicle in somebody's shop. Bags, wrappers, bottles, cans, receipts, etc everywhere. Luckily, there were enough shopping bags to scoop up everything.

I don't get this. Every time I get out of a vehicle, there is a trash can available. If not that, how about when you pump gas and there is always a garbage can at the pump.