Amp Troubleshooting Needed (PICS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back in the day 90's if you had number of amps we use the radio remote wire to trigger a relay to send 12v to the amp remote i believe you can
still use the accessory wire that turns the radio on as the trigger wire until you get a head unit. worst case you might have a little turn on pop.

Reaction score
"A little turn on pop"? I could wore up a switch for it. I just have to remember to turn the switch off or the battery will die

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
You can Tap off the red wire going to the aftermarket headunit and tie that to the remote wire, it should only send power when the keys are out of OFF. Its an accessory wire to the radio.

Reaction score
Yea. From what I'm understanding the broken part is the lead coming out of the head unit. Which is crimped into the plug with all of the other wires.

Scottisk your suggesting to bridge the REMOTE wire into the red/power wire? Splice into it at what point?

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
Just anywhere. There are 2 12VDC power sources on the back of the deck. Yellow is hot all the time for memory, the red tells the deck when the Key has turned to ON. You should just be able to tap into it anywhere. I'm only recommending this if the deck is no longer providing a signal from the remote wire. Cut the remote wire behind the deck and tap it into the red wire. Another thing I thought of, some decks have a antenna wire that will only come on when the radio is on and cut off when a CD is put in or an AUX is used, make sure the AMP is not connected to the antenna wire. REMOTE and ANTENNA are usually close to the same color. One will be blue, the other blue with a white stripe.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally at this point, I'd test the remote wire at the back of the head unit. Pull it out of the dash but leave everything hooked up, just un-splice that wire and get a reading from it straight off the back of the head unit with everything powered up. If it's not putting out 12V and you're sure that nothing has been changed with the wiring since it last worked, I'd probably just buy a new head unit. Sounds to me like somehow you blew that little internal fuse I mentioned in an earlier post. You could just splice into an existing accessory supply or add a switched 12V line as mentioned but I like to keep things as organized as possible back there.

Reaction score
I rigged up a switch till I get a new head unit
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk