Amp problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an amp that i cant get to turn on. I've even tried jumping power from the positive to the remote i'm lost and dont know much about amps. please help.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the amps fuses if it has any, check the inline fuse from the battery.

Grab your multimeter and check to see if there's sufficient voltage from the power wire (i had a wire rot away from the inside out causing my amp to only get 10v before)

Check your ground.

Try a different amp in its place if all else fails.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
You need; power, ground, remote and a good fuse. If it's not on it may need repair. I agree, use a multimeter to confirm 12v.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find information on the AMP, contact the manufacture for support, but yes, many have dedicated fuses on the housing. I use the Fluke 87 type V for everything, including ground from the amps housing to battery. Radio Shack (If in business) sell "Meter Lead" wire and with clips, make a good 18 foot jumper. I have seen hundreds of power cables run across door jambs, hood pinch, and cut under back seat... just saying.