amp location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirty

Reaction score
where are the EC folks mounting amps at? im looking to add a 4ch amp and small sub amp to the stereo and am unsure about amp mounting locations. If you could provide location details and if you have picturs that would be fantastic. TIA

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have mine mounted to a piece of MDF that I fastened to the back of the cab. another good option is under the seats as well. I've ran both, if you're running AB's under the seat I'd recommend fans to keep them from overheating. Otherwise you should be fine

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had a small amp for my 10" bandpass inside the side rear body cavity. It's accessed by removing the storage bin that's next to the back seat. It was easy to run wiring to this area from the dash and to the bandpass behnd the back seat. Profesional - no, but it's been working fine for 5+ years now. I used foam to cushion the amp so it doesn't rattle around, and of course sealed off electrical connections from shorting. I would not put a huge amp in this location because there's no airflow but my two channel dodge charger 100w or whatever it is has been fine.

dirty

Reaction score
ill look at under seat options. ill just be running a small 10 in a truck box behind front seat