amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about mounting my amp on the sub box, using some type of rubber feet to absorb any vibrations. Good idea or no?

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some will say don't do it because it will vibrate the amp too much and ruin it. I personally never had a problem in the 13 years I been doing car audio stuff as a hobby. If you can it wouldn't hurt to mount it under the seat or something. If you have to mount it on the box I am sure it will be fine.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i have never liked mounting amps on the box, but i think the rubber feet might help isolate it.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never had or seen a problem in doing so. IMO I think its an old wives tale. You heard it on the net a lot but I have never heard it out of any professional installers mouth in my life. Take that for what its worth.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i have heard it from some installers by me but have never seen it happen. i always figure better safe than sorry cause that can mean big money down the drain

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats pretty much what I said. I would just mount it under the passenger seat.

1buda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
I'm going to try mounting on the sub box. The amp is old and bought used so no real big lost.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I have never had or seen a problem in doing so. IMO I think its an old wives tale. You heard it on the net a lot but I have never heard it out of any professional installers mouth in my life. Take that for what its worth.
Agreed.

Bumping and jolting around inside a truck is going to be much harder on it than any vibration from the sub box.

ald94

Reaction score
The reason most installers won't mount the Amp on the box is because it really does'nt look as clean as mounting it elsewere. Tho mounting it on the box will not harm it at all, just make sure all your connectios are tight or they will loosein and possibly come in contact with eachother and short out or cause an electrical fire.