Alternator Bracket/Power Steering Pump Mount 95 C1500 5.7L V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to find out if there is an official part name for what I am trying to replace. The left alternator mount cracked and want to replace it if I can find the part. It holds the power steering pump and has the power steering pulley on it as well.

1995 C1500 5.7L V8.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any ideas on what it is called? I know the means of getting a replacement will likely be going to a junkyard, but trying to gather info first.

Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a DR44. It's my understanding that it's basically a revised AD244. I don't recall the partiulars, but I think it's not as easily fixed. Even the AD244 isn't as easy to fix as earlier alternators.
Yep.. 145A from GMT800-era. They say the AD244 is better because the bridge rectifier is replaceable, where on the DR44/DR44G it's built into the rear of the case, meaning it goes, you replace the rear of the case.

DR44G's on our '06 SS's. Wondering if mounting that sucker up is what broke OP's alternator bracket; didn't think it was a direct fit?

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Yep.. 145A from GMT800-era. They say the AD244 is better because the bridge rectifier is replaceable, where on the DR44/DR44G it's built into the rear of the case, meaning it goes, you replace the rear of the case.

DR44G's on our '06 SS's. Wondering if mounting that sucker up is what broke OP's alternator bracket; didn't think it was a direct fit?

Richard

The AD244 doesn't use a rear case half mount, likes the CS144 uses. I assume the DR44 is the same as the AD244, in that repsect. It could be that the TBI era mount can't take the stress. I don't think the Vortec mounts have that problem. I've heard of people elongating holes and such, but I don't recall the details on that.

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a aftermarket mechman alternator from probably 5-6 years ago. 270a. I used to do a bunch of car audio so the alternators I was using are I the 270-320a range typically.

Thanks guys.

I’ve been having hell trying to find what would fit the motor as every sites part matcher would only have 93 or older, or 98 or later.

Chevyboy95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AD244 doesn't use a rear case half mount, likes the CS144 uses. I assume the DR44 is the same as the AD244, in that repsect. It could be that the TBI era mount can't take the stress. I don't think the Vortec mounts have that problem. I've heard of people elongating holes and such, but I don't recall the details on that.
The mount never had issues with it. My issue of the mounting hole cracking was due to some mods to run dual alternators and I opened one of the holes a bit too much. Worked fine for 5-6 years then in the last freeze here in Texas, it cracked.