All Clear Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And to think 10 years ago I sold mine for $50. That was before red LED bulbs and I kept getting stopped due to the cheap red bulbs back then with paint on them. The red paint kept flaking off making it look like I was in reverse at a stop light and got tired of more red bulbs that ended up turning clear.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went through the same thing for years. The original red APC bulbs lasted a decent amount of time but once they crapped out, all the replacements had a lighter shade of red and didn't last as long. Then they came out with some called "Titanium" or whatever, the first ones with the chrome appearance. Those lasted OK. Not as bright though...

Eventually I got some of the very first LED 3157 replacements from a guy calling his company Hz Engineering. The first set burnt to a crisp immediately because they weren't designed for the C/K circuit boards. Sent the guy a diagram of the board and he revised the bulbs and sent me another pair. They were cool...but like most LED offerings, just not bright enough. I still have 'em...sitting in the toolbox! These days the stuff from V-LEDs, Autolumination, etc. pretty damn good if you're willing to spend a few bucks for the bright ones.

So yes, in a roundabout way I'm patting myself on the back for spurring the development of the first "SRCK" style LED bulb replacements, back around 2000 or so! ;)

Richard

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being those tails were selling for about $150 when they first, first hit the streets and this guy put them in a time capsule. I'd say that's a fair price if you wanted a set because they are new.. Supply and demand drives stuff up really bad sometimes, and I'm the kind of guy that buys what I really want for my truck no longer how long it takes to get the cash. If I fixed up my truck according to what I could get the best deals on, my truck would probably look like I drove through a auto parts store with a magnet.

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid 150 for mine and they were still in the wrapping never installed. I think that is a fair price for some OG tail lights.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I bought my first set, APC's new in the box, in 1999 for $100 at NOPI in Atlanta.

By the way I did shoot this seller a "best offer" of $150; he countered with $175 which I ignored. I guess he got a price he wanted from somebody, because I see "Best offer accepted" on the completed auction.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they would look great on my murdered out Escahoe but if they got damaged gl finding another set

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they would look great on my murdered out Escahoe but if they got damaged gl finding another set

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

that's why mine aren't on my truck lol. only rock them to shows and local meets.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hmm wonder what those would look like on my white Yukon...

Sent from a Duramax powered iPhone.

Pretty similar to these, but without the red. I could see if I could photoshop it for you. This is Matt (DroppedAsAChild)'s truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Hmm that'd be great if you have some time. Dunno if I wanna drop $150 on tails, but I'm too picky and can't really find anything else! May end up snagging them.

Sent from a Duramax powered iPhone.