Alarm problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95SAS

Reaction score
Replaced my alarm 2yrs ago with a Viper. Last two days, at night my alarm chirps 3x then sounds off starting at around 9 then goes every 2-3 hrs. Been doing this last two days. Any help appreciated. TY

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Sounds like something is triggering the motion sensor. Been a while since I used to install alarms... But if you look at it there should be a little box aside from the main alarm brain with a little screw in the side. That sets the sensitivity of it. May want to turn it down just a little.. Or may need replacing.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
A model number would help.

The "chirps" are often a code that tells you something.

Could just be alarm was triggered since last arm, but there's no real way of knowing until a user manual can be referenced.

I didn't even install my shock sensor. More of a pita with false alarms than anything. No one pays attention to a screaming car alarm anyways so its just more noise in the neighborhood at 3 am....one less hassle I can do without.

95SAS

Reaction score
Sorry guys, it's a viper 5601. Funny how it starts around 9pm, then every 2-3hrs, never during the day! I was home from work yesterday and never went off until 850pm, next was 12am. Crazy!!

95SAS

Reaction score
Viper said to check door pins, so I did. With the key in ignition, door open the lights on,buzzer going off I wiggled the pin and the light and buzzer started to flickered. Just need to figure how to take it/them out...Pete