What rim offset to make it look «normal»?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krissies

Reaction score
Hey! Are there any rim offset recipies that would make my front tires not poke so much and flush up with the rear wheels? I want the tires inside the fender flares if thats possible without rubbing. My registration document says it uses +17mm offset, but it still pokes a bit?

is it stupid to have more offset on front wheels than the rear since the rear axle is narrower?

Its a 99 suburban 6.5 diesel if it matters

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a K2500 suburban?? 8 lugs?

Stock wheels already have a 5.5" backspace.

The track width difference was intentional. It works very well, but looks fugly.

@95burban has given you the normal answer for those that like to match up the two, myself included. Consider the 2" spacer so you don't have a lug stud interference issue.

Last edited:

Krissies

Reaction score
Is this a K2500 suburban?? 8 lugs?

Stock wheels already have a 5.5" backspace.

The track width difference was intentional. It works very well, but looks fugly.

@95burban has given you the normal answer for those that like to match up the two, myself included. Consider the 2" spacer so you don't have a lug stud interference issue.
It is a k1500 suburban with 8 lugs.

Ill take my front wheel off and measure the offset and get rims with slightly higher offset to get it further into the wheel well.

I’d like to keep it as stock as possible, but i will look into spacers. Thank you

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a k1500 suburban with 8 lugs.

Ill take my front wheel off and measure the offset and get rims with slightly higher offset to get it further into the wheel well.

I’d like to keep it as stock as possible, but i will look into spacers. Thank you
8 lugs is a 2500 unless someone has swapped the axles.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you find a 8 lug wheel that tucks further than stock on the front face, please post them. I'd be curious to see them. Even if you find one with more backspacing and/or offset than stock, the increased width of the aftermarket wheels over the stock 6.5" rim usually eats up that space on the front side.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard this before, but european imports are different due to other weight laws and classes. All Norwegian (that i know of) 1500 suburbans are 8 lugs. Only seen some tahoes and silverados with 6 lug
You've heard it before because it's true.
My guess is an importer or upfitter swapped the axles prior to import. I'm not aware of GM making any 8 lug half ton GMT400's and I've been around them since they were first introduced.
Do you have the option codes available? Should be in the glovebox. There's always the possibility that I'm wrong about this.

Edit: How many Suburbans are there in Norway? I doubt the number is large enough for GM to do something special.
@Pinger has a burb in the UK, think it's 8 lug and a 2500.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The 1500/2500 thing could be a legal work around. It’s probably a 2500 rebadged as a 1500 for import-ability. :shrug: