****Airbag problems?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knight89

Reaction score
Having some problems looking for some advice.... I had my passenger rear airbag rip at the mount on my 95 Sierra. So I ordered another a RE-7 2600 got it in today and it's a little bigger than my other so one of the mounting holes on top are off so I can only tighten and use one bolt. The 2 bottoms line up fine so I'm running 2 bolts on bottom and 1 on top. is this ok to do or will I have problems? Maybe bolt breaks and bag slips off mount? Also the bag touches the fram slightly when aired out. Will this give me major issues like bag popping? I plan to order another bag next paycheck so will this work for a week or so til Christmas is over? Thanks for the advice any help will b greatly appreciated... My truck is bag on bars...

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bag rubbing will eventually pop, you need to trim more where it is rubbing. Make it big enough to at least fit your fingers or palm in there. As far as the bolts go just widen the top holes a little so you can get both bolts in it.

knight89

Reaction score
The bag rubbing will eventually pop, you need to trim more where it is rubbing. Make it big enough to at least fit your fingers or palm in there. As far as the bolts go just widen the top holes a little so you can get both bolts in it.

Thanks for the input... And I talked with the guy and he sent out the Re-8 bag instead of the Re-7 which is about 1'' bigger in diameter over the Re-7. But the bag is pretty legit has the actual bag built around the mounting plate so less chance of having the bag rip at the mount and this bag gets better lift so Imma jus take a grinder to the frame and smooth it down til the bag has a little more room, because as it sits now it only touches frame wen layed out...