Air cleaner assembly. Paint it or not?

Well?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
That engine to too nice to leave any part of it rusty. I like the idea of matching the valve covers with a satin black. You could also sand down the ring on top to bare metal and clear over that to further match the highlights on the valve covers.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That engine to too nice to leave any part of it rusty. I like the idea of matching the valve covers with a satin black. You could also sand down the ring on top to bare metal and clear over that to further match the highlights on the valve covers.

Well thanks for the compliment. I hope it runs as nice as it looks.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They used to make a 30% black that had a nice low gloss finish, in duplicolor truck paint(the bigger spray can). We used it a lot for interior pieces, looked like the factory would've done.
I've used it for primary covers,H&K rifles and that instrument panel I just made for my 91. Thinking of touching up the black areas of my grille with it. It seems to be more solvent resistant than gloss engine paints once it cures.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the humidity is way down today, which meant I wasn't sweating profusely just cutting the lawn or working outside. That air cleaner has been on my mind since the day I found it. So, I said screw it and got all suited up, then sandblasted and primed the damn thing, finally.

I think someone on here said to use satin black to match the valve covers. I may do just that. I'm also completely out of paint. I guess that means I have to leave the house on my day off lol.

I'll post pics when I get the damn thing painted.

P.S.: I have one more major thing to sandblast, them I'm putting the blasting equipment away for the season. I still have the original wheels that came with the truck. I had the tires removed a long time ago and the wheels are just sitting in storage, waiting their turn.

I would like to sandblast and paint them before the winter. We'll see......