Air cleaner assembly. Paint it or not?

Well?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I think the better question at this point is: What DIDN'T I find in the junkyard.

Also, sorry to add to this and make it long winded, however, for every GMT400 I find in the yard, it bothers/saddens me that that's one less on the road :-(

The reason 99% of them are there: Rust. Usually the bodies are too far gone to fix (especially the plow trucks)... and the frames are not far behind. The engines, however, are usually fine.
I would say we have the opposite problem here in Boise. I don't see a whole lot of rust problems (admittedly, I'm not usually looking for body parts) here in Boise. I would guess that most of them that are in the wrecking yards are because of accidents or mechanical problems.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's painted. I just need a 350 sticker to slap on the cover. The muffler part, however, is yet another junkyard find and I thought it would fit straight on. It's cockeyed and falls short of connecting to the air cleaner. Hmmm.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I can add 300HP just by putting on a sticker!

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've gotten burned too many times on Ebay to ever want to shop there again. Marketplace is JUST as bad, and there's no buyer protection, either.