Air Bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I recently crashed my truck put the whole nose back together but now on to the hard part. In the crash I blew both airbags, I have a full parts truck and have already removed both bags out of the parts truck. I've been told that there is an airbag module I will need to replace. I can't find much for info on this. So if anyone could point me in the right direction on the location of the module how to remove and any other info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Year model ALWAYS HELPS...but since you said both bags, I have to assume 1997-up as earlier years didn't have a passenger bag.

If it's a 1995 the module is under the dash attached to the firewall, on the driver's side of the "hump" that is behind the engine. Silver box.
1996-up it's under the driver's seat.

Richard

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 1998. I'm headed to my parts truck now. How big is it and would it be under or above the carpet?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Under the carpet. You'll have to unbolt the driver's seat to get enough access. You won't miss it...

Richard

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled the module out. Plug was a little tricky at first but got it out. I think I have all the pieces now. Crash monitoring sensor in the front bolted to rad support both airbags and air bag module. Time to pull my truck apart