Aftermarket bumper selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fog lights bolt on to these little tabs with one bolt. you can easily bend the tab up or down and there is a good bit of room in the fog light hole to move side to side as you need. you can also slide it front to back some. i would suggest doing all of that before you put the grille back on as the bolts are easily accessible that way. my passenger is far right as it will go and driver shines down centerline.
just a forewarning those fog lights will probably be pretty dim, i installed HID's into mine and they work great.

You can PM me if you need anything specific
So after it is mounted is it a pain to switch out the bulbs?

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
And what are some replacement bulb options??
Thanks

changing the bulb after installation is no big deal, you can easily reach behind the bumper and get to them.
but as for my HID's i had to alter the back of the housing so that was ideal to do before installation. Best i remember the fog lights use a H3 bulb, so basically any H3 bulb will work, they make tons of different kinds.

but if you did ever want to take the fog light housings out all you need is to get the grille lose at the bottom to get to those bolts.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate your help. So i could use any H3 LED bulb to replace the bulb they supply?

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got the bumper mounted and everything by a local body shop. And now I have the LED bulbs to put in. There is very little access to get undo the screws to put the new bulb in. Would taking the grill off help? or any advice?

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
So I got the bumper mounted and everything by a local body shop. And now I have the LED bulbs to put in. There is very little access to get undo the screws to put the new bulb in. Would taking the grill off help? or any advice?

if you're trying to put the new bulbs in then you can either take the grille off so you can take the whole fog light housings out or you can try laying on the ground under it and reaching up behind the bumper and taking the back cap off, they just twist off and then the bulb is right there.
would be much easier just to pull the grille then take the housings out in my opinion.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did lay on the ground and try to access the bulb, but there are 2 small screws holding tabs that keep the bulb in place and there is no room to get even a small screw driver in there. Are taking the housings out very tough?
Thanks for getting back to me!

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I did lay on the ground and try to access the bulb, but there are 2 small screws holding tabs that keep the bulb in place and there is no room to get even a small screw driver in there. Are taking the housings out very tough?
Thanks for getting back to me!

No it should not be hard to remove the housings. Just take off the grille and then on the topside of the bumper you should see some bolts above the fog lights, just undo them and disconnect the plug for the power wire which should be fairly close somewhere. The bolts screw into the fog light housings themselves. Then take the bolts out and slide the fog lights out through the front.
If you get the grille off everything should pretty much go from there.