Adding 1" drop blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to install 1" drop blocks. Im currently using a flip kit and shackles and 2 degree shims. My question is where do I place the block? On top of the shim? or the block needs to be on leaf springs and the shim on top of the block? Thanks

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would keep the shim on the rearend and put the block between the leaf and shim, that way the block stays nice and flat against the leaf.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks draggin95!!! Really need to find level ground cause sometimes my truck looks good and sometimes it looks like its need a little more drop in the back.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Damn thing is so long just measure underbody to ground just ahead of the rear wheel opening and just behind the front wheel opening. :gr_grin: (srsly)

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol. Hell yeah its long. Long and low. I love it. Thanks Richard will give it a try but since the wheel arches are different wouldn't it not match up?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Naw, talking about the actual rocker panel under the doors. Same all the way across. Just measure at the farthest points before the wheel opening begins.

Richard

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ok. For some reason I was there thinking you meant the frame. Will do thanks

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know they use to have angled lowering blocks as well. You could always try that if you didn't feel comfortable stacking a shim and block.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I've used the angled blocks before but that was with like 3" blocks. All the 1" blocks I've seen are all flat. I only need a inch or even a 3/4 block. I've seen them on ebay.