Addco Sways on 2000 Escalade (think '99 Tahoe/Yukon)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silversport

Reaction score
...has anyone added sways and links to their OBS SUV???...I have larger 18" tires and wheels but had not added any lift or anything like that...just want the suspension to feel a bit more connected together as well as some better driveability...

...had it in for a check up and the mechanics say everything appears fine..."itza truck"...but I would like a bit more...I had Hotchkis sways on my Avalanche and I liked the improved feel and driveability but I couldn't swing the couple hondo more so I ordered Addco...

Any thoughts, experiences you care to share would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Bill

silversport

Reaction score
although I didn't get any responses here, I thought I would add my take on the sway bars that were installed today for anyone in the future who might want help-

I only have about an hour driving time on these and my initial very first impression was that really nothing had changed...a bit disappointing as it seemed to me when I added Hotchkis sways along with wheels and tires to my then owned Avalanche, the change was immediate and noticeable...

...after driving around a bit I learned that the steering feels a bit heavier (I prefer that as I feel the stock GM steering always feels too light) and the turns are flat...I realize an old Escalade is no Corvette but the turns have very little lean and seem flat...

...the suspension on this vintage GM product has always felt a bit loose to me too and that has been tightened slightly...at least to my butt meter...I also realize I may be operating under the placebo effect right now but there it is...worth the money spent for new sways...my OE bushings were hard and a little crumbly so they were probably shot as well...I went with Addco sways with (4) Energy greaseable bar bushings...I'd do it again...

Bill

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love being able to drive hard through corners, so the flatter the better in my book. When you're talking about a big, heavy SUV, they can use all the help they can get to keep that heavy ass from wobbling around like a fat *****. Did the Escalade come with a stock rear swaybar? I know the 2wd '99 Yukon I had didn't have on stock (as most don't), but it sure as hell could have used it. My Suburban has one, but I really do want to upgrade it.