Add small fan for A/C?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I have to replace my radiator this weekend and was wondering your opinions on adding a 10 or 12 inch pusher fan to the front side of the new radiator that turns on with the A/C and also a manual switch? I figure it wouldn't hurt as a backup fan if the clutch goes out too. I would prefer a small one so as not to obstruct flow of the main fan.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
Justvfoe clarification I would actually be attaching it to the front of the condenser.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
soooo... for about $30 more I can get a fan that includes factory mounts... excellent

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are going through the trouble of putting an electric fan on your truck then why not put two of them on it? Toss the belt driven fan and gain a little hp too. Pusher fans block airflow when not running so plan on running them most of the time.

If just running the one on your condenser then I would run power through a relay off the a/c so it comes on automatically while a/c is on.

You may not notice a drop in engine temp, but I would expect your a/c to work better with a fan mounted to it.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
2 electric fans would never move as much air as the 1 stock fan. I'd like the electric fan as a small boost for the dual a/c. And yeah, a relay is a must have.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2 10 inch fans pushing in front of the condenser I have them wired to a relay to turn on whenever the AC is on.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I'm assuming the best way to tie in the fan relay would wiring it to the A/C clutch power, as opposed to one of the sensors?