Actuator pull cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds awesome might have to look into one of these things

Mikey 88

Reaction score
i just installed posi-lok set-up from summit, it works great no lag or wait time to engage. it was easy to install and you get the benefits of 2 low if you don't engage the front diff.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any problems with the cable or lever freezing up in the cold or packing full of snow? Looked at these years ago and that seemed to be the only flaw with them.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe after 92 they went away from the heat actuator to just the electronic signal. I converted to that on my 89 and its basically instant. You have to add a wire to make it work. Its been a few years since I did it, but I think I got the harness pigtale to add the wire at a dealership. It actuates way faster than I could shift the t-case and pull the cable.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I believe after 92 they went away from the heat actuator to just the electronic signal. I converted to that on my 89 and its basically instant. You have to add a wire to make it work. Its been a few years since I did it, but I think I got the harness pigtale to add the wire at a dealership. It actuates way faster than I could shift the t-case and pull the cable.

I wish mine was fast like that. I wonder what could be wrong with it. Mine has always been slow. It's a 99 and I bought it with 6000 miles.

Maybe I'll have to take the actuator out and have a look at it......... when it's warm!