Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow if only somebody here would stock those.....

The import tariffs might be an concern. Maybe someone can decipher this document (a few of my notes are within, but I don't know they're correct).

Anything that pushes the cost up pushes the demand down :(

Back in 2019 the conversion rate was around 3.25:1. Today it's 5.33:1... they're a LOT cheaper today then they were when I first bought mine back in 2019, and it's not clear what the future might hold. The point: What looks like a good market today could be a bad market tomorrow.

Attachments

• Chapter 85 Tariff Schedule.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

langkg

Reaction score
OK, for those of you following along, here's a "purchase update" as of this afternoon Tues Feb1.

I'm going to give you more information than you probably want, but I would rather give too much than too little.

Money: The money I sent last week arrived in the Brazil account on Monday morning and the conversion rate was ~5.31 B$/US$. That's down (not as good) from the ~5.53 B$/US$ I got in Dec.

Product: The cost per pair (now read this carefully) at the jobber was B$1080/pr, and including shipping to the Forwarder in Brazil it's B$1111/pr. Adding on the Forwarder's service fee, 20%, yields B$1333.20/pr. Taking into account the conversion rate, that amounts to US$251/pr. That's a little lower total cost than we got this past December by a few $/pr. So far, so good.

Delivery in Brazil: I know the jobber had product in stock and I assume he'll ship promptly to the Forwarder. Once received, the Forwarder will inspect the items and report back to me whether there are any issues we need to resolve (e.g., damage in transit, etc.). I'll pass the information along, appropriately.

Shipping cost to the US is still TBD because of, at least, logistics and conversion rate, but figure it'll be around $50/pr. It might be higher, so don't have a fit if that's the case, or it might be lower. I hesitated to offer an estimate but I'm sure you guys want to know, so please be forgiving :)

Final remarks for today: Plan on this dragging on for at least the next two weeks and possibly into March.
Thanks for the update. Ocean freight along with all other freight is through the roof right now so no big surprise. There will certainly be a story behind these lights if anyone asks..!!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The import tariffs might be an concern. Maybe someone can decipher this document (a few of my notes are within, but I don't know they're correct).

Anything that pushes the cost up pushes the demand down :(

Back in 2019 the conversion rate was around 3.25:1. Today it's 5.33:1... they're a LOT cheaper today then they were when I first bought mine back in 2019, and it's not clear what the future might hold. The point: What looks like a good market today could be a bad market tomorrow.
Well I tell you what. Go ahead and take one for the team and head over there and purchase 25pairs and bring em back over here and sell em for double the price that way you make a profit and have a paid for vacation lol

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Ocean freight along with all other freight is through the roof right now so no big surprise. There will certainly be a story behind these lights if anyone asks..!!

It seems they come via *air*. Yeah. The last couple of shipments took about 5-7 days.

Here's one of the tracking numbers, see for yourself.

EB130200520BR​

Enter that number in USPS' WWWsite (yup) and on the ensuing page click on "Tracking History". They showed up on my doorstep around 7pm on a Monday evening after one week, having shipped from Jacobina, Bahia!

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I tell you what. Go ahead and take one for the team and head over there and purchase 25pairs and bring em back over here and sell em for double the price that way you make a profit and have a paid for vacation lol

I'm not joking when I say, back in 2019, I looked into the cost of flights to Sao Paulo :)

langkg

Reaction score
It seems they come via *air*. Yeah. The last couple of shipments took about 5-7 days.

Here's one of the tracking numbers, see for yourself.

EB130200520BR​

Enter that number in USPS' WWWsite (yup) and on the ensuing page click on "Tracking History". They showed up on my doorstep around 7pm on a Monday evening after one week, having shipped from Jacobina, Bahia!
Ahhh! I didn’t realize it was air freight. The company I work for does a lot of international ocean freight and rates for a 20’ container are about 4-5 times higher than a year ago.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, if the US had a base down there and you knew a guy with a PSC box, shipping would be about what it is here in the states. And there'd be no import tariffs!

That's an interesting idea.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've created a new thread for us to post our experiences with the Arteb reflectors.

Find it here:

Suggestions to change the title, etc., are welcomed, make them now!