Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I initiated a transfer (US$ --> B$) sizeable enough to buy 10 pairs of headlights for others, and 1 pair of taillights for me.

Reportedly the funds will be available in Brazil on Monday, and I target the day after to place the order with the jobber. If it turns out we need greater quantity, I need to know before the order goes in.

Looking back through this thread, the following have expressed their commitment. Please review this list and correct any disparities.

@langkg
1 pair headlights

@baxterday
1 pair headlights

@454cid
1 pair headlights

@Supercharged111
1 pair headlights

@yevgenievich
2 pair headlights

@SAATR
1 pair headlights

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I initiated a transfer (US$ --> B$)

Reportedly the funds will be available in Brazil on Monday, and I target the day after to place the order with the jobber.

FYI, once the money's there, I'll know the conversion rate with certainty. Once the order's placed, I'll know the US$ cost per pair with certainty...

...not counting shipping to the US though, that's another adder TBD.

I'll pass the information along as it happens.

Last edited:

langkg

Reaction score
Yesterday I initiated a transfer (US$ --> B$) sizeable enough to buy 10 pairs of headlights for others, and 1 pair of taillights for me.

Reportedly the funds will be available in Brazil on Monday, and I target the day after to place the order with the jobber. If it turns out we need greater quantity, I need to know before the order goes in.

Looking back through this thread, the following have expressed their commitment. Please review this list and correct any disparities.

@langkg
1 pair headlights

@baxterday
1 pair headlights

@454cid
1 pair headlights

@Supercharged111
1 pair headlights

@yevgenievich
2 pair headlights

@SAATR
1 pair headlights
Yes. I am in.
Thank you for all of your legwork on this.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, for those of you following along, here's a "purchase update" as of this afternoon Tues Feb1.

I'm going to give you more information than you probably want, but I would rather give too much than too little.

Money: The money I sent last week arrived in the Brazil account on Monday morning and the conversion rate was ~5.31 B$/US$. That's down (not as good) from the ~5.53 B$/US$ I got in Dec.

Product: The cost per pair (now read this carefully) at the jobber was B$1080/pr, and including shipping to the Forwarder in Brazil it's B$1111/pr. Adding on the Forwarder's service fee, 20%, yields B$1333.20/pr. Taking into account the conversion rate, that amounts to US$251/pr. That's a little lower total cost than we got this past December by a few $/pr. So far, so good.

Delivery in Brazil: I know the jobber had product in stock and I assume he'll ship promptly to the Forwarder. Once received, the Forwarder will inspect the items and report back to me whether there are any issues we need to resolve (e.g., damage in transit, etc.). I'll pass the information along, appropriately.

Shipping cost to the US is still TBD because of, at least, logistics and conversion rate, but figure it'll be around $50/pr. It might be higher, so don't have a fit if that's the case, or it might be lower. I hesitated to offer an estimate but I'm sure you guys want to know, so please be forgiving :)

Final remarks for today: Plan on this dragging on for at least the next two weeks and possibly into March.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My truck is plugged in for the winter and is probably a mouse house, so I have no problem waiting.