AC Compressor issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The good news is that if the actuator is bad they are cheap to replace. I had to replace the one on my 90 GMC about 2 years ago. It failed in the floor position.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well super good news for me boys! I finally had the time today to get underneath and see what was going on. I was expecting to have to mess with the linkages. Turns out the actuator plug was just not securely clipped into place. So after about 10 seconds of fiddling around to get it snapped in right, all is good.

The one thing I'm sort of irritated about with this project is that now I have some engine noise. I'm certain that removing the dash caused some of that foam to unseal and/or shift around. Not sure if I have the energy to try to identify and figure it out.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently in the stages of putting my truck back together. Where the air comes in from outside directly into the box where heater core and evap goes, that foam pretty much disintegrated when I was putting it back together. Hopefully that won't be an issue.
Not sure how you got your lines off condenser to evap and accumulator to evap. Mine were so freaking rusted on there. I had to cut off both with a dremel tool. Huge PITA.
Hopefully all is well with your truck.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I had to deal with

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach