Abs removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DESSERTNOVA

Reaction score
hello all,
My 98 z-71 recently started having the low speed loss of brakes due to the abs sensor signal loss. Let me start by saying in automotive industries we perform a dfmea (design faliure modes and effects analysis) and the worst rating is loss of primary function so this is a terrible failure mode but any how... i removed the abs unit and replaced with a late 80,s proportining valve from jegs and feel alot more confidant my truck always stops. You do have to replumb the master cylinder lines as this is not a direct swap.

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the part number on the proportioning valve u used

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know about dfmea’s and pfmea’s. Good to hear someone mention on the forum. Welcome. I have a 95 Z-71 and my ABS light has been on since before I purchased five months ago. I’m considering doing same but my brakes were pretty poor but for some reason are much better now. Anyhow, interested to see a photo and part numbers.