A machinist , a turbo and his L31 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Whats the same part . The aftermarket units and the 4.3 oil filter relocation kits?

Apalogies for the muddy response.
The oil filter relocation kit is the same for 4.3, 5.0 & 5.7.
Aftermarket gaskets are thinner & don't compress enough to provide a proper seal like the oem gaskets do.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Apalogies for the muddy response.
The oil filter relocation kit is the same for 4.3, 5.0 & 5.7.
Aftermarket gaskets are thinner & don't compress enough to provide a proper seal like the oem gaskets do.
The two dont fit each other
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Huh! All the research I've done says that they should all be the same.
Even came up with the same part numbers.
Weird.

Last edited:

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
The 4.3 engine castings are still the same . Meaning the two different 4.3 size filters will fit each other they are backwards compatible .
The OBD 1, 1.5 vs OBD 2 motors do use different size filters but all the 4.3 relocation adapters all bolt to the 4.3 blocks.
None of the 4.3 relocation adapters will fit the SBC.
None the less I have order a dual filter kit from summit. Should be arriving tomorrow. Then I can focus on finally starting this engine.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
So oil filter relocation kit came today. Had to buy a c1500 oil adapter peice so the adapter had something to screw one besides that went right on.
Now I have two mammoth oil filter higher up on my frame rail . May change position but I want this motor to start.
So its count down to ignition.
Power distribution block was supposed to be in at one today so I can run the starter wire and alternator from the battery in the trunk now . I was promised it will be in at 10:30 tomorrow.
I need to prime the motor. Time the distributor. Relocate one 02 sensor. Run vaccue line. Load a tune.
Look this video . Its a stock carbed old tired 80s truck sbc. It makes me warm inside to see the power they made on 10 lbs on stock motor.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Im in love man, i cant wait to hear this thing. Are you going to put it on a dyno?

Yes I am . Thats funny I just called about dyno time today. 159$ for the hour. I figure Ill tune it best I can from home and see what it has on the dyno . Just happens theres a place right down the road from me that does dyno time and around the corner they sell 110 octane out the pump.
Wired my power wires and grounds today. Seen the headlights work for the first time in year and half. Ran oil lines & vacuum lines. Wire up the ignition switch for the starter .
Ill go out to the shop later and clean my turbo , relocate the 02 that was in the way of the starter.
Tomorrow im hoping I can, prime the motor , drop the distributor in , time it & start it.
I would lie if I said I wasn't nervous.