A machinist , a turbo and his L31 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
So the weathers getting warmer suns staying out longer I can start working on my rig again . Ive started building a catch can that mounts to the intake side of my turbo. So I have more vacuum in my crank case . I modified my valve covers where the air filters went I added -AN10 male fitting. I done the same to the intake on my turbo.
I changed my oil today. Decide to pull the pan inspect my crankshaft and check the torque on my main cap studs . All looks good . Im going to cut both oil filters tomorrow to make sure there is nothing in them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure there are baffles under those fittings or the motor will drink an amazing amount of oil.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Make sure there are baffles under those fittings or the motor will drink an amazing amount of oil.

Theres is a removable baffle with a changeable mesh under the AN10 fitting on the inside of the valve cover. The valve cover pcv system was pretty a decent setup if they where for a NA motor.
The system connects to a catch can(im building now) also that separates oil from the air. Its placed in between the turbo and valve covers.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Theres is a removable baffle with a changeable mesh under the AN10 fitting on the inside of the valve cover. The valve cover pcv system was pretty a decent setup if they where for a NA motor.
The system connects to a catch can(im building now) also that separates oil from the air. Its placed in between the turbo and valve covers.

Surprisingly my LT1 uses a stock breather setup and doesn't chug oil or smoke so I agree stock is pretty good. I got the car with -10AN fittings in the stock covers. The baffles were removed and it would fill the overflow can with a quickness. I deleted all that and went back to stock. I now burn 12oz of oil per weekend on that motor which is a road race engine.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Surprisingly my LT1 uses a stock breather setup and doesn't chug oil or smoke so I agree stock is pretty good. I got the car with -10AN fittings in the stock covers. The baffles were removed and it would fill the overflow can with a quickness. I deleted all that and went back to stock. I now burn 12oz of oil per weekend on that motor which is a road race engine.

The valve covers I use are aftermarket. Like you wrote though if they have a baffle in on them they will be very effective. I still havent made my catch can. Bought a EGT gauge ,boost and the matching LC2 AFR gauge that goes to my wide band. Im still unsure what throttle cable im using .I tried the Spectre universal .WHere the cable is in relation to the 4150 TB is a sharp 9 degree right. It felt it would bind after a while.
Works been crazy then we got hit with 2 ft of snow. I purchased a 2 post lift. I went and pick edit up a few days ago. Price wasnt bad at all 1650 9000lbs lifts 8ft ruffly. Im still finishing up the head gaskets on the 6.5td. Im unsure really what im doing with that. Keep the 4l80e , 14 bolt rear resell the engine or swap it all into a step side. I hate the long body suburban . Its HUGE.