A fuel pump every month

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakan454ss

Reaction score
hi everyone,

My 91 C1500 305 is driving me crazy when it comes to the fuel pump , I went through five fuel pumps and each pump doesn't last a month and yesterday it won't start , there's no fuel , I tried different companies like bosch , denso and ac delco.

I changed the sending unit , fuel filter and the gas in the tank always above the quarter.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Rakan454ss

Reaction score
The third pump was lean and stalls in high speeds, the last two are working fine but when I start the car next day they don't work

Rakan454ss

Reaction score
I saw some rust in the bottom of the tank , but the pump has a filter

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Yes, it does have a filter for particles, but if there is some sort of a corrosive agent mixed in the gas, it can eat away at the little gears in the pump. When this happens, you can hear the pump run but no fuel comes out.

Rakan454ss

Reaction score
The gas i use is 91 , but I'll change the whole gas tank and see how long it will survive.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check the wiring, specifically the ground. We had a similar problem with a Tahoe we used to have.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
I does sound like a wiring issue, short, bad ground ECT.,maybe even a bad, or shorted relay, IMO