Fuel pump retaining ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollybear1

Reaction score
Hello all, 98 GMC K1500 5.7L. Im changing the fuel pump and wondering if anyone has an idea what the ring that locks the pump in place is called? and if I can get one. I've got the tank down and the ring is very corroded. Chunks are coming off of it. I cleaned it up best I could but now with the new pump in with the ring, the pump shifts. It shifts a small amount but I dont think this is correct and the only thing I can see wrong is the metal retaining ring is so corroded that its not holding it tight. I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for that ring. Its about 5 in in diameter and has a hole at each end. It looks just like a flat snap ring.
Any help is appreciated.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, 98 GMC K1500 5.7L. Im changing the fuel pump and wondering if anyone has an idea what the ring that locks the pump in place is called? and if I can get one. I've got the tank down and the ring is very corroded. Chunks are coming off of it. I cleaned it up best I could but now with the new pump in with the ring, the pump shifts. It shifts a small amount but I dont think this is correct and the only thing I can see wrong is the metal retaining ring is so corroded that its not holding it tight. I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for that ring. Its about 5 in in diameter and has a hole at each end. It looks just like a flat snap ring.
Any help is appreciated.
Since you mentioned snap ring, then you're looking for this:

GM 22552577