99 Suburban LT K1500 - Slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whelp - no news is not good news, these days.

I've been ill with mycoplasma pneumonia for 3 weeks, money gone that I couldn't afford.

and now, I'm pretty sure my tranny is toast.
It is revving high, and barely moving, then starts to move, and slams into 2nd, then does the same thing for 3rd - won't go into OD. Its at about 5K rpm doing 30mph in 3rd.
On top of that, or DD envoy, is reading 0 oil pressure, and sounds like it. Hoping its just the sensor, or a clogged oil valve lifter filter; googling shows that to be a common issue.

...and right before Christmas for our kids. I'd take it in stride any other time of the year, but when interjects into my kids Christmas, boy is it depressing.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get well soon. It does suck when unexpected expenses take things away from the kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That really sucks man sorry to hear. Hope you get to feeling better!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Well, it's snowing - truck hasn't moved in a little over a month. Brushed all the snow off, had 4"s more a couple hours later.

Really want to drive it. I need to redo the exhaust, to get my front drive shaft in... And then I need to order a tranny.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Glad to see you're still alive! I was wondering where you went.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's snowing - truck hasn't moved in a little over a month. Brushed all the snow off, had 4"s more a couple hours later.

Really want to drive it. I need to redo the exhaust, to get my front drive shaft in... And then I need to order a tranny.

Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone.

You have more snow than we do up here in Minnesota and Iowa! Really sorry to hear about your health, but glad to hear you're slowly getting back on your feet!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah - work with someone based out of Canada, and I'm frequently colder than them; being at 6500 ft makes it cold even in the desert. It's still snowing too - another 3-4"s of snow.

I'm pretty much back to health, but I was sick for nearly 2 months. Lost about 20 lbs lol.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heh, yeah - work with someone based out of Canada, and I'm frequently colder than them; being at 6500 ft makes it cold even in the desert. It's still snowing too - another 3-4"s of snow.

I'm pretty much back to health, but I was sick for nearly 2 months. Lost about 20 lbs lol.

Where in Arizona are you located? I'm pretty sure I know this, but for some reason I can't remember. Ha. It's a strange winter up here this year. Usually we have at least a foot of snow by now, but today it was a nice light rain. Hopefully we'll have a little bit of the lovely white goodness for Christmas. I had more snow this summer while working in the mountains of New Mexico then I have during the winter in Iowa/Minnesota...

Dang, 20 pounds?? I've been meaning to start that new workout, but sign me up with yours! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score

Glad to hear your feeling better. But Dang! 20lbs? Better start eating at McD's!! LOL!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'm in Show Low - took that previous photo and applied some filters to it. Came out pretty good locally, tapatalk loves to degrade it though.

Gaining weight gonna be hard here soon, wife is having bariatric surgery, and being the supporting husband I am, means I'll be sharing her diet structure - :dunno: