99+ LS1 PCM swap into OBS GMT400 trucks/SUV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Marine intake will cost you around 1K by the time you have it ready to install.
PCM can be had for around $50 with connectors (from a junk yard)
Van tune is free....once you have EFILive.

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does EFILive run? I've been getting more and more interested in learning to tune my truck myself. You have me really thinking about doing the 411swap. I am also planning on doing a 6.0 swap by the end of the year. My question is should I wait to swap the PCM or can I just go ahead and do that now? I'm trying to figure out what everything would cost. I know I will be able to get a motor for $1500 or less. I'm not sure about all of the little things I'll need.

blackpearl

Reaction score
New member checking in and subscribing!

Jeff

Looks like lots of use PacificP members are registering here.

FYI, this is the guy you need to talk to you if you are interested in getting the Pinouts for the swap.

You should first read through the thread on PPE before you bombard him with questions though, most of your questions are answered there.

Bryan

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a ton of garbage in that thread. I can't help that. Since the 12200411 PCM swap is now "Old Hat", Maybe Howard will have better luck keeping this thread tidy.

Jeff

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll write a 'How To' Jeff...and run it past you.
You can ad whatever you think is necessary...and maybe the mod's can lock it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a really good idea. I point people to the megathread all the time, but I'm sure the massiveness of it, and sorting though the crap just discourages alot of people trying to learn.