99 GMC C3500 cclb "big blue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
colored matched tailgate w/ the wrong letters on it, its all good. Small dent along the top. Was a little difficult to open on 1 side. Tried spaying, soaking & adjusting. No-go. Swapped guts w/ another gate. Good guts, wrong color. Works mint now. Reinstalled the filler panel around the handle.

it's actually kinda funny that both of my GMC's have color matched tailgates that Chevrolet on them. as you can see in the reflection.

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found that i was taillight issues & found the multiple damaged wires in the towing harnesses. Had a 4way flat & an electric brake setups. Fully gutted both. Now the lights work as they should.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last weekend i got 4 doors from a 99 Suburban to replace my rotted doors. Matching color a bonus. Except the lf door, it was red hence the shade difference. The lf door will be replaced when i find a cleaner one. The other doors only have a couple of minor dings. Now to finish taking that damn camo off.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
test fitting a '99 grand prix radio

I really like that radio. I had one in mine for about a year to match my red led interior lighting. Everyone asked me how I fit a Pontiac radio in a Chevrolet haha.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen this thread, I am on the Cape and have a 98 with a painted rear bumper. I am switching beds this spring and will be building a new bumper to match the new bed. I may be selling my bumper if you are interested. I have a set of aux. lights I built into the bumper.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like that radio. I had one in mine for about a year to match my red led interior lighting. Everyone asked me how I fit a Pontiac radio in a Chevrolet haha.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I like it. I've seen several different methods to installing it. I just used the modified lower plate from the am/fm radio that I took out.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen this thread, I am on the Cape and have a 98 with a painted rear bumper. I am switching beds this spring and will be building a new bumper to match the new bed. I may be selling my bumper if you are interested. I have a set of aux. lights I built into the bumper.

thanks, touch bases when your ready & we'll go from there. I did recently locate a chrome rear bumper for it. I prefer a painted rear though.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a couple of pics of the lr dr panel that I started making up this past fall. Just gotta install install it on the new to me door & finish making the others. took me 2 Escalades to get enough wood pieces & 3 Denali's to get enough chrome handles.

+ I gotta get the doors wired up. truck was originally had manual windows & locks. Currently my 3 blue pwr dr panels are from 3 different trucks. still gotta locate 1 more. the interior that came w/ the drs was light grey.