99 gmc build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
figured i'd start a thread to keep track of all the things ive done to it. its not a 400 but im not a fan of gmfs so figured i'd put it here.

here it is when i brought it home

You must be registered for see images attach

first things first, crank to level and 285s

blue cluster lights, cheaped out and didnt go with leds, big mistake. have hot spots, and more of a whitish color. broke a bulb off and was one short so its missing 2 bulbs in the pic, have 2 on order should be here tommarow.

kenwood headunit

10" mtx sub in for now, changing it out very soon

next up is balljoints, alignment, and exhaust.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its pretty decent for almost 250k miles lol. it needs a little paint work and some rust fixed but nothing too bad. baron where can i get that 3m wax you were talking about? this thing needs waxed bad and i want it to shine

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its pretty decent for almost 250k miles lol. it needs a little paint work and some rust fixed but nothing too bad. baron where can i get that 3m wax you were talking about? this thing needs waxed bad and i want it to shine

Do you have a buffer? If you don't have one, your going to want to invest in a good one.

Here's the 3M part numbers for the other products your going to want to use:

3M "Perfect It" Compound (Part Number: 39060)
3M "Perfect It" Foam Pad Polishing Glaze (part number: 05996)
3M "Perfect It" Foam Polishing Pad (Part Number: 05725)
3M "Perfect It" Wool Compound Pad (Part Number: 05753)

Most any autobody supply that carries 3M products will have it, these are pro grade products and will give you by far the best results! If you want to make your paint finish look like new (If the paint is good still), you can color sand it and it will make a night and day differance!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the paints still good but i dont wanna color sand and risk it having some weak spots and going threw the clear. i have a decent buffer. 7 speed varible. heres how i want it to shine, may not be able to without repainting but im gonna try

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't tell from the pictures of yours how much the paint shines. Is there much orange peel in the paint? If you want a mirror finish, you can't have any orange peel. If you cut it with the compound I posted along using your wool pad, then follow up with the glaze and foam pad; your going to get the best possible results as long as you know what your doing! And light colors like yours are a lot more forgiving then dark colors! :cheers:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive buffed a few vehicles but they never turn out like that, ive always just used a foam pad tho.

guess ill throw this pic in here too. had a small flood last night

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and thanks for the advice baron! id give you some more rep but it wont let me untill i give someone else some lol

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive buffed a few vehicles but they never turn out like that, ive always just used a foam pad tho.
QUOTE]

The wool pad and compound are key as well. Let me see if I can dig up a few pictures of some of the vehicles I've done to show you what you can do with em!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright before and afters would be awesome if you have them!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo