99’ Chevy Suburban K1500 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nedregaard

Reaction score
I used Motive Gear brand, i am satisfied it's plenty good enough for me. I've towed 4k pounds on several 300 mile trips.

If you have the G80 locker rear end, you want to use 80w90 that has no "friction modifier" in it, which isn't easy to find anymore, but Walmart SuperTech works, its what I use.

If you have the factory open differential then any brand 80w90 or 75w90 (synthetic or conventional) will work just fine.

Who of does you recommend are best for towing? Trucks with out 4by4 is rarely to find here in Norway

Thanks man! I think I just got the factory differential on mine. I use Mobile on the engine so I will check out what they have.

Welcome and nice truck. Mine is the same color. Your front tag is a giveaway that you're in Europe, but so are those side marker lights. I like those. What do your taillights look like?

Thanks man! Love the color! Hehe, yeah I’m in Norway! So that’s correct. Side blinkers by European regulations. I will take some new pics in the weekend!

Nedregaard

Reaction score
Find another picture of it
You must be registered for see images attach

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
If want the "best" rear ring and pinion set and do a lot of towing, the GM sets are always the safe bet but very $$$.

Personally I would still buy either Motive Gear or Yukon brand.

Nedregaard

Reaction score
Little update! Just finished off some oil changes engine, automatic transmission & rear differential! More pictures of the truck will come soon

You must be registered for see images attach

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello to another European GMT400!

I like your Suburban, same color as my 97 Tahoe :)

If you don't mind, a couple of questions regarding the fluids:
- which engine oil did you buy?
- what did you pur in the rear differential?
- this Kendall ATF in the picture, is it Dexron III or perhaps VI?

I'm curious to hear from another European as oil/ATF etc recommendations from our North American friends are sometimes hard to obtain in Europe.

Nedregaard

Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks man! Excellent trucks :)

I used Castro’s 5W40 engine oil
The Kendall ATF are Dexron III
About the rear differential I put in some limited slip diff (Don’t remember what type or brand)

Hope it helps you man :)