98 Sierra shop truck project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
Lookin good I'm surprised you went with a 305 for the new motor.

yea... i wanted to go bigger. But i never thought to build my own :( i wish i bought a re-build 350 longblock jammed an LT1 in it with some good rockers & springs... But the new 305 is pretty friggin peppy. I port & polished it befor i dropped it in, and im running the K&N filter, soon to run shorty headers i hope, unless i can find a set of longtubes with the EGR bungs welded onto them? But yea im married to that motor for 3 years, and then im doing something different :p

the 71, as we bought it for 400 bucks, frame was junk, cab floor was rotted out, good front clip and a decent bo, and a mint tailgate lol

You must be registered for see images attach

I re-built, and repainted the frame last summer

has a 92 GM TBI 350 and 4L60 between frame rails. And now were rebuilding the cab. No pics as of yet.

Last edited:

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
lol we have alot of projects on-going including:
1971 C10
2 66 Cadillac coupe Deville's
78 Porsche 924 (have 2 one is a parts car)
My 1998 Sierra
And a 1993 ford F250 7.3 diesel (for sale)

here is the plans for the 71
ive named the truck after my dads old blue 72 he had called "Rover" So this one is "Ol'Rover" :p
its a diamond in the rough, but i cant wait to be driving it!! I was origionally supposed to have it done for Grad last year, so i could drive it to grad & prom... but i never got around to it, i had a bad year, i rolled my daily driver... and my parents split up... and i was charged for things i had to go to court for, and won.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
Just a quick update, New guage panel!!

yea... i need to touch up my dash bezel... ****...

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
agreed. i think its worth more like 50 bucks.... but i wanted to try it, im super satisfied with quality, and even the quality of their instruction booklet! But not impressed with the price.. but still cool.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
oh definitely cool to say the least, and it looks one off.. but i would rather drop in one of those cheap ebay ones for 15 or 20 bucks and cut me a bowtie and slap on there and call it a day...