98 K1500 ECSB "The Beast"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought this 98 silverado 2 years ago with 190k miles. So far I haven't done that much to the truck but there is plans for a 4" RCX lift this summer so I will definitely try to get that in here when I do it.

Here are some pictures of it when I first bought it.
You must be registered for see images

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the first projects I did was putting in a nice roll on bedliner. I used herculiner and it turned out great! I also took the crappy rail caps off and used the herculiner for new ones. The prep work took a lot of time and effort but it really paid of as a result!

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had some fun with the truck too of course! Tested out snow climbing abilities and also used it to ask the girlfriend to prom.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I went ahead and took off that grille gaurd and janky lights and sold it for some cash.. Them went ahead and started blacking out the front end with plastidip. I also got new spyder headlight housings and clear lenses and a nice ($120) HID kit.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next up I did undercoating to make the wheel wells look really nice, and to keep that surface rust on the frame hidden.. I used 3M undercoating and at first I didn't like it at all because it took almost 3 days to dry but it's really holding up well.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next project I did over the summer was take care of that rust on the rocker panels. Thanks to Minnesota road salt they were rusted out pretty bad.. They were a lot worse than I thought they were going to be, but they also turned out a lot better than I thought. I first started by taking a wire brush and Dremel tool to the rockers to get it all down to good metal.. I then took a wire brush all the way around to get it down to bare metal. Next up I put 3 coats of fiberglass over the hole and that turned out really solid. Then filled in the imperfections with some body filler and smoothed it out. To finish it off, I coated the rocker panels and about an inch up on the bottom of the doors with herculiner. I did about 3 coats of that and I'm really happy with how it turned out. No more rust! For now..

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some idiot crashed into my truck in the school parking lot. There seems to be no body damage, but the upper ball joint and hopefully not too many more front end parts are toast.. Was his fault so I should be getting the money to fix it up soon!