98 k1500 possible ecm/pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
Hey, my 98 k1500 has a 350 w/ 4l60e. The other night my truck clicked when trying to crank. On multiple attempts. Then I got home put in park and shut it off then crank it back up. When I crank it, it started to surge in idle. Now I’m getting low gas mileage, my tranny won’t shift to fourth and it’s delaying my shifts. Do y’all think this is ecm/pcm related. If so do I need to reset or buy new?

carsonepps8

Reaction score
All my grounds are good. I recently replaced my starter and my tranny. While doing that I checked my wiring. It seemed to check out. I was thinking abt upgrading the wiring tho.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
I don’t have an engine light tho? I had one for my egr and replaced it and it went away but I haven’t had a code since? But I’ll scan it just in case.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
If you pull the fuse and wait for 2 minutes it will reset the ecm. And battery terminals are brand new I have a dual battery setup for my starter battery and accessories battery and bought brand new terminals for it. You can also reset the ecm by unplugging the battery and waiting 30 mins. It will have to relearn the truck and how you drive.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
That’s what I was gonna try just wanted to see if someone else has had the same problem. I’ve been doing automotive and blue collar work since a kid. But there’s something’s you don’t know and need help for.