98 k1500 build questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Do the RCX 6" set the front at 6 and the rear just put in the AAL and get a smaller block to reduce axle wrap then sell the bigger block youll clear 35's easy

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
He would need a lot more than 1K for that lol

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your small budget you might just look at 2" rear blocks & TB cranking, you can easily fit 33's like this. Spend most your money on good tires. Unless tires were not in your budget & that was just a lift budget. The 6" RCX lift will allow you to fit 35's easily but once you start the install you might run into other costs. What's the current condition of your front end parts, ball joints & what not? If those are in need of replacement your most likely closer to $2000 once you factor in the lift & all the misc. replacement parts up front, especially if your not doing the wrenching yourself.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Have you seen my angles????????

sent from my Big Block powered phone

Reaction score
Sorry guys i shouldve gave more details.. anyway yes i plan on a budget of around 1000 to 1500 just for the lift itself. While i have the front end torn apart i do plan to replace every thing from tie rod ends to ball joints. All MOG parts. That will be a budget itself since im counting in for regearing to 4.56's and get a 14 bolt rear with a locker. Which one wpuld you recommend? I was think eaton myself. Its going to be a project build since im going to college now. I think im sold on the rcx lift. For tires im looking at 315/75r16 cooper discovery stt's. Or if the cash allows id much rather get a set of toyo open country m/t's. Good tire choice? How many miles could i get with the coopers?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan.so.far man the coopers are a great tire and wear pretty well we have those on 2 of our trucks but they havent worn.out.yet so idk about lifespan quite yet

sent from my Big Block powered phone