98 k1500 build questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, im wanting to hear opinions about suspension setups like bolt on kits or cheaper ways to make my 98 chevy k1500 ext. cabs suspension to allow atleast 33"s to 35"s yet have a stance like a prerunner truck. it will be a daily driver also. It will see mud just as much a sand and dirt too so i was thinking a rough country 6" lift, but will it be strong enough to hold up to a good beating? Im new to prerunner suspenion so im not sure a the 5" dif. drop kit from rough country. Im open to anyones opinion an tell me if im wrong about anything

Reaction score
Also the lift doesnt need to have the prerunner look im just needing the wheel suspension to take harsh bumps and do it well.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Not really, youll have to get the Cross-over steering kit too. forgot about that in the first post. You can buy almost everything youll need from the place i linked. all you need is springs out of an older chev. use rears and youll get about 8 inches of lift so thatll have to be put in the back. if you use stock front springs, youll have to put 3 inches of lift in the back as their kid adds 3 inches out of the brackets.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know pre runners are ifs right?

A rough country bracket style kit could take some pretty good abuse. Whats your budget on this build

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have to say its going to cost you more than $1500.00 to sas your truck....ask me how I know LOL. IMO if you are on a limited budget buy the rough country rcx lift to get you going you can always swap a solid axle in. I mainly did mine for 2 reasons the stock front end and diff were worn out and I have always wanted a sas 88+ 1 ton. It is A LOT of work and the little things ad up if you want a clean install and keep the driveability of the the truck.

Again my opinion.

Reaction score
Stupid big fingers and phones... Anyway Ill be willing to raise my budget but not awhole lot more. It wont be jumped like a prerunner. Basically building a rig to handle well on gravel roads and get in and out of my hunting and trapping land. I love the look of the front end higher than the rear with the tires stickin out about 2 inches.